25 November 2010

Religion

Thought of the Day:
"Daily, constantly, we choose by our desires, or thoughts, adn our actions wheter we want to be blessed or cursed, happy or miserable."
- Ezra Taft Benson




Yes, I am writing a post about religion. If I come off as self-righteous, trust me, that is not my intention.

I am LDS because I chose to be LDS. Yes, I was born into the church and was raised by the LDS standards, but there comes a time where you must find your own faith because you can't depend on your parents faith forever. When I came to that fork in the road (everyone does), I chose to be a member of the church. I didn't do it for my family, parents, friends, peers. I did it for me. Even if I chose the opposite, those said people wouldn't care... Yes they would be sad, but they would still love me.
A few people I've had to talk to are convinced that religious people such as myself are brainwashed and ignorant because we've believed in something for our whole lives. I'm sorry they think such awful things about religious people. I'm sorry they choose not to listen. I'm sorry they wont know the feeling I get when I pray, read my scriptures, play music, or when I bear my testimony. I hope that one day, they might feel that passion... even if they don't feel it in the LDS church, I hope they feel it with any church, or with God! 

No comments: