20 September 2011

Wowza.

So, a few posts ago I made a list of all the things that I was going to do this summer..and I'm here to report that I have only completed TWO things!

-Finish LOST

and

-Get a "real" job . . . (well, it felt dang real to me!)

Okay, let me explain.

I finished LOST. And. It. Was. Awesome.

Okay, in early June I went to Utah.
I never thought I would love it as much as I did!! I especially loved Salt Lake City! I went with my EVMCO group combined with the OCMCO group (together we're Mormon Choral Organization of America MCO :P) and we recorded an album at Abravanel Hall and played two SOLD OUT concerts! One at the TABERNACLE and the other at Abravanel Hall!
I felt like I was in one big dream. All throughout my high school and jr. high existence all I wanted was to be in a DECENT orchestra...and no offense, jr. high and high school orchestras aren't the best...well at least at the schools that I went to. And two years after high school I'm in UTAH recording a CD and playing sold out performances with a PROFESSIONAL group!!!
I was elated. I thought that that would be the (only) highlight of my summer.



(Sorry I'm using all caps. Writing about all this is getting me all excited again. It STILL feels unreal to me.
I did that?!)

Oh, did I mention that I traveled to 8 different states with my fam? AND two dogs?! We're crazy, right? It was my favorite vacation! :)



THEN, at the end of June my sister, Mimi, got an awesome job filming/editing for The Mormon Bachelorette. A few days into her job, she finds out that they are in need of a sound person . . . and she just happened to have a sister studying audio production and her life goal is to work for film doing sound . . . so, I got the job.
At first I was terrified, I didn't know what to expect! But after my first day of shooting (their fifth day) I loved it! I work with the best crew anyone could ever ask for and with the best director (Luke Johnson) anyone could ever have! I've met so many awesome people and have done so many cool things! Like, go to the lake, go to an Alex Boye concert, go to fancy dances at fancy hotels, eat at so many different and cool restaurants, talk to people that I never would before (like John Bytheway!!)...there's so much more but it's way too much to write about, if you wanna see what I did, then just go watch the episodes yourself! ;) A few crew members and I have even started a website for Mobach! And I've even made that site cuter than my own blog! It has raked in more than 7,300 view in less than two months!! I have learned so much by doing Mobach this summer. And because I did Mobach, I was able to go to the beach in Cali to help film a commercial  for Propusganda . I've had the opportunity to help other Mobach crew members shoot short films!
This is the best summer that I've ever had. Ever. Period.





Now that school is back in session, my work life has cooled down considerably....kinda. I'm certainly not working 80 hour weeks anymore! Haha! I love my classes this semester, even though I have an extremely sexist teacher, I still love that class. He doesn't quite know my full potential yet, but I'll show him! ;) I just know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and it feels dang good to know that. :)

1 comment:

Shelbinator said...

By far the BEST summer EVER! Hanging out everyday with your bestie while working on our careers. Loved every minute of it! <3