31 March 2012

THE Update

Hello, all! Although I haven't gotten an official email yet, I feel that I should update everyone on my Disney application.
Monday night, I got on Facebook and saw that a few people on the DCP (Disney College Program) Facebook page had their statuses on their dashboard's change from "in progress" to "no longer in consideration". Immediately, I logged onto my dashboard and there it was..."no longer in consideration". At first, I didn't believe it, maybe it was a glitch? Especially because once they update your dashboard an email will be sent out to you, and since I didn't get one I thought it was a mistake. I've done some research, and it seems it's common to not get a "rejection email" right away.
Once I finally accepted the fact that I didn't get in for Fall 2012 I was so sad. But then I thought about all the good things that I wouldn't have to miss.

- I get to be home for the holidays
- There's this huge Leavitt family reunion this Thanksgiving, and I can go now!
- I will GRADUATE!!
- I get to see my best friend, Shelby, leave for her mission!
- I will be here when my friends come home from their missions!
- I can help Mimi expand our company, Float Away Films
- And last, but probably the best thing, I don't have to leave my dog!!! 

Boston is on the left :)

I'm sad that I am not going to be going with Amber this year though. All of us (me, Amber, Shelby) are going on different paths this year. Shelby's leaving for her mission, Amber's leaving for Disney, and I'm...who knows! Sometimes you have to grow apart to grow together.

It is bittersweet that I am not going this year, it's a blessing that I didn't know I needed or wanted. I plan to reapply in the future, I just can't decide if I want to go for Spring 2013 or Fall 2013. 
:)

2 comments:

La la said...

aw I'm sorry you didn't get in girlie!
But hey I will still be around for a while too! You could always come with me to my awesome singles ward!

Autumn said...

Ok.... Im not going to disney... :( I checked my dashboard too. It says "No Longer in Consideration" . No email either....