16 March 2008

Little White Lies

Thought of the Day:

"Your criticism may be worse than the conduct that you are trying to correct."
-James E. Faust


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I found a quarter in Mimi's car.
A little quarter can mean alot when your wallet is full of receipts and no cash.
I have to admit, I did take that quarter. Then the better side of me convinced me to give it back. I put it in her room.

This morning I was trying to find a good church jacket for this windy, cool Sunday. I pulled out one that I hadn't worn for one or two years. I put my hands in the pockets, and low and behold...I found a dollar!!

This afternoon I was telling Mimi, casually, that I considered taking her quarter. Mimi gave it to me! [Paying me for the bracelet that I let her borrow today]

The quarter may seem little and insignificant, but I learned a good lesson today:
I should always be honest because in the end, it pays!

No comments: