26 February 2012

Big Week!


So, as some of you know, my phone interview with Disney was last Tuesday. I think it went GREAT!
My interviewer asked me general questions like why I wanted to work for Disney, a few scenario questions, and asked me about my previous work/volunteer experiences. I was sick with a horrible cold/cough/ear infection that lasted over a WEEK! But during my interview I had no need to cough, my voice sounded good and I didn't feel sick at all! Afterwords though,when the adrenaline went away I was reminded that I was indeed sick. Truly a blessing! :)
 I wont find anything for a few weeks, my interviewer said three weeks, but I think it could be longer. I got an email saying that I will find out anytime before April 25! If Amber and I don't get in, I think it will be because we applied for the internship so late (late meaning not the day applications went live), and we only applied for Disneyland and not Disney World. But whatever happens is supposed to happen! If I don't get in this time, I'll try out again for the next semester! :)

And yes, I did wear my Mickey ears during the interview.





This past Thursday I went with my group, MCO, and recorded our Christmas album at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Downtown Phoenix. The church was so beautiful, there was stained glass windows all over and when the sun was setting it cast this golden hue throughout the hall! And the acoustics in the place were AMAZING!



I couldn't find a picture of the inside of the church here in Phoenix, but I did find a similar image for the church in Illinois. It's slightly different, but still beautiful!



It was an amazing experience! It was a long and tiring 9 hours of recording but it will be so worth it once we hear the final product! Be ready for some great Christmas music later this year!! :)

P.S. Our album Messiah in America that we recorded in June of 2011 at Abravanel Hall debuted at #1 on the Billboard Traditional Classical charts!! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the internship!!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me ;) I did it in 2010 and I currently have a friend in the program now so between the two of us, we know everything hahahaha ;)